Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Huge cracks found in France

I've been needing inspiration to blog and finally found it. If this doesn't give you grins, don't know what will. The volume is kind of soft, so turn your volume alway the up before clicking the link.

She looks like my buddies wife. Except this girl is younger, and my friend's wife is French. Well ok, the only similarity is the bleach blond hair and rack... although the friend's wife are fake. Not sure about this girl.

***

I'm writing my congressman to ask if he'll sponsor a Bill to keep Mr. Bush abroad for the remainder of the term. He's just has so much more comedic value when demonstrating to the world what a Rico Suave prez he is.

There's an old saying in Tennessee: "Fool me once... shame on ... shame on you ... ... ... You fool me, you can't get fooled again". Doesn't apply to all you fools who voted for 'im twice though.

***

Oh! He's popped. Floyd? No me, dummy. In nearly every race and in this mornings pre-dawn attack on Ridge Road. Did 6x5min intervals on the hill at max effort. I was experimenting with different climbing styles. Did the first two seated at high cadence and made it to the orange mailbox. The next one attacking hard on the steeps and keeping the pressure on the flatter sections with a lower cadence and made it 15 seconds further along. The next one a mix of the two styles and made it to the orange mailbox and the fifth one seated but one gear harder than first two and finished about 10 seconds shy of the mailbox. Did the 6th on a different section of the hill so no comparison and then did two more 5 minute intervals on the flat-rollers on the way home for a total of 8. All on 3 minutes rest in between. No power or HR data because the PowerTap (tm) is on warranty and Hancock took my Polar (tm). So the data clearly shows that the aggresive power riding attack style is faster, the problem is that blows up my legs. What to do? PS - you're a total loser if you just read this 3-dot. Get a life, bike geek.

***

Did you hear they found a huge crack in France? Oprah Winfrey? No, Floyd Landis. Oh it was great theater today. What a monumental break down for Floyd dropping right from the Yellow to 11th place. I feel for him and think he's put in a great effort. Good run Floyd put you're out of the top 5 now I fear unless something equally dramatic happens tomorrow.

Levi's effort was admirable. Great to see him risk it all in order to try to make something happen even if he couldn't make it stick. In retrospect, he could have stuck with the group and probably gone with Sastre, but who knew Floyd was gonna crack so bad.

Also beautiful rides by Oscar P, Sastre and the T-Mobiles. I'm not a big fan of Rassconcentrationcampmussen but have to recognize his great ride too. Still hoping Delafuentes retakes the Dots tomorrow though.

It ain't over yet.

***

I love Phil Ligget, but is anyone else noticing that he get's the call wrong an awful lot? I wonder if he's losing his marbles a bit. How old is he? Poor Sherwin is constantly having to correct the call and sometimes he doesn't even bother because it happens so often. Maybe time to give Roll the seat. Oh, and get rid of Trout-wad... jeez.

2 comments:

Johnny GoFast said...

Great to see you back in blogland. Love the part about the orange mailbox. I use markings on the road up Diablo to ascertain how my power is doing through the intervals. It's sort of like in Rocky III when they show Drago doing all the high tech training stuff and they show Rocky lifting his family in a wheelbarrow. Anyway, assuming you are not coming down to ride tomorrow. I had some big stuff planned, but now I'm just going to have to attack my self. Phil Ligget: "Johnny is really got it going now!" Paul Sherwyn: "Phil, the only question now is how Johnny will respond to that all out attack by Johnny." Bob Roll: "It's a true test of ones mettle how they respond in this situation (wild hand movements). The feeble man will crack like and easter egg and roll to the gutter while the gutsy rider will dig deep and come up with something special." I'm pulling for me to come up with something special.

Steve Griffiths said...

You nailed Roll. That's exactly it. The Liggett/Sherwin show goes like this...

PL: "Oh and that's Johnny GoFast now that's cracked off the back. What a horrible turn of events for him now that this boy has gone off."

PS: "Actually, that's Pat Mancow McLaughlin there rider number 56. He's a sprinter and by the looks of it having a good ride to be this high up in the mountains"

PL: "Oh, I thought that was number 57 for a moment. You're right, that's Pat Mancow McLaughlin, summoning his engine room to keep moving him forward up the road to the finish at ... oh I've forgotten the name of the finish here today"

PS: "Mantcoutie"

LS: "Yes, the line here at Mantcoutie where the strong men of the tour will be using every last drop of their power to get to this line"

Thanks for reading, reader.