Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Hardee Ha Ha

My buddy John rides for Pegasus. He said he got a chuckle when they got their new uniforms for '07 because their blue/orange/white was similar to the Specialized / Sierra Nevada team that I ride for and dig so much.

Well, I've seen their new gitup now and what's really got me chuckling is how they've gone from one the best looking kits in the peloton to one of the lamest. And no, I don't think they look like S/SN.

Apparently the orange was supposed to be gold... a little known secret is our orange was supposed to the color of a pale ale (does it make sense now?). So it must be some Voler thing for mixing up gold and orange.

I wonder how many other teams out there are riding kits that aren't exactly what the designer was thinking?

6 comments:

Johnny GoFast said...

They are definitely not the worst thing out there. Metromint, Mako, Art by Opsal...the list goes on for lameness. What's with all the posts? Bill ain't gotcha' leapin' about?

banks said...

What!!! I was supposed to get a beer-colored kit but got flakey tangerine instead? I want my money back.

Anonymous said...

Don't blame it on the kit, blame it on the pathetic looks of the gent wearing it.

Stealth Reader (aka VoMonster)

Steve Griffiths said...

Hey VoMonster, you're famous now that you're on my blog!

Dr. Xeno said...

Man, how'd I miss this? I love pale ale - even the color! Yes, the Peggy kit took a big dip in coolness, if ya ask me. I'm local to their HQ and still gag when I see the new kit, maybe it's just an adjustment period? I used to think it looked so cool I wanted to be on the team, now? I'd rather get minty fresh! But espcecially pale ale, whatever color that'd be.

Dr. Xeno said...

oh, P.S. we here at EMC5000 sent the '07 order back to Giordano due to color gading screw-up... hopefully the fixed order will be here in time to use all that warm tuff I ordered...