Thursday, April 20, 2006

Cherry Coke

What's with Cherry Coke lining up with the geezer pro/schmo men at Copperopolis? I was like "whoa, what kind of smackdown is she looking for?" I was shocked... not in a macho "oh no, there's a girl with us. I'm going to have to beat her or turn in my manhood certification after the race" way, but rather I know plenty of guys who won't race M1/2/3 because of the flat out beatings that are doled out regularly and here's this petite Cherry Coke lining it up. I was also wondering why she didn't line up with the pro women because I'm guessing it was a pretty quality field too. Anyway, she was plenty welcome. I see her team is really Cheerwine, but she'll for ever be Cherry Coke to me. Don't you think Cherry Coke when you look at her?

Photo credit: www.ronaldmariano.com

Here's to women lining up with the guys. That's got to take guts. I've seen it in cross races with Gina Hall lining up with us, and I know national CX champion - Katie Compton lines up with the men in Colorado to avoid UCI points. Tough chicks.

Ok, so you thought you were tough finishing Sea Otter? Try riding it with one arm:

Overcoming challenges. That's what it's all about, eh?

Photo credit: Ross McMahon, www.brightroom.com

5 comments:

nosajpalnud said...

mmmmmm - da cherry coke was looking mighty refeshing on race day.

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

well sheeite, that's a good post, pattyMac.

that's michelle beltran. she's used to racin' with boys, does it all the time up in Reno.

rode for Colavita last year, don't know much about the cherry cokers, though.

like the look ... must say.

Chico Cyclist said...

Oh man, she is FAST - she shows up to the Fast 50 here in Chico now and again, and she is quite quick. And extremely nice too!

Anonymous said...

I reeled in Cherry Coke at the top of the first climb. I said,

"We're in the same race . . . (wheez) . . . (cough) . . . let's work together (gasp)".

She gave no audible response but was kind enough to not drop me. Well, not right away.

She waited two or three minutes before stomping away out of the saddle. Gave me the Armstrong look-back glare and everything.

Her husband caught me a few miles later. By that time she was out of sight.

Awesome.

Glenn
Team City, Sacramento

Unknown said...

Yeah, she's strong!