Monday, May 22, 2006

No not the drill

Dr. Jack is very delicate with the needle. (That's not him)

Went in for 3 fillings today. I was very apprehensive because I don't like needles or the sound of the drill. The sound is like nails on a chalk board to me.

This was my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th filling ever. Note to future generations... don't start drinking coffee and take a 12 year break from regular dental visits.

Anyway, the experience was a lot less painful and traumatic than I was expecting. Dental technology has come a long way in the 20 years since my last filling. Still not thrilled about going back next week for more work though.

This morning: 15 run, 15 row, 15 cross country ski, 15 recumbant bike. Worked hard to average 2:00 min/500m splits on the erg. Hard to believe it used to 1:46-1:48's all day long back in my youth. 3 weeks, 2 days to go.

3 comments:

Johnny GoFast said...

Seems to me that we used to go a lot harder than 1:46 to 1:48. I recall that it was closer to 1:42 for the 20 minute piece we would pull/race prior to practice. Didn't we used to get in close to 5800 meters?

Steve Griffiths said...

We always cleared 5600, and yep sometimes close to 5800. Then there was the 135.5 for 2k and 1:25 for 500m. All that is like a different world now. I'm one of those 40-year-olds that we used occaisonally see on the erg and wonder at how slow they were. But I'm planning my come back. I'm going for the crash-b's.

Johnny GoFast said...

Ummm, dude, where my link go? I was up to two readers a day. How am I supposed to build a spur to my rail stop if you keep pulling up my spikes? I hit the big time by getting a link on Olaf's site, but you were my next best thing. What happened?

http://beatsgriffracing.blogspot.com