Sunday, May 21, 2006

This kinda sucks

Tried to amuse myself on inline skates for the first time in years on account of not being able to ride.

I got blisters after about 30 minutes because my socks were too short.

It rained on me. I almost killed myself coming down a couple of hills that dump into a very busy street (Auburn-Folsom) since I took the brake off the skates back when I was a regular. The streets were slippery too.

Basically, it was a misarable experience. I had to call the wifey to come pick me up after an hour and 20 on account of the wet, the blisters, and not having a good plan to get over the hills on to get back to the house. Thanks wife. You're the best.

3 and 1/2 weeks to go.

3 comments:

Johnny GoFast said...

Try a pogo stick. You can do it in the comfort of your own drive way, great for strengthening your core (edgy new bike training concept), don't have to worry about blisters, and your kids will think you are totally cool. You can also monitor your progress by logging your personal bests. Mine is 14.

nosajpalnud said...

how about a new nickname - SAG boy :)

Dr. Xeno said...

Uh, I forgot to say ease into the inline skating... I think I'll try Sprocket's pogo thingy, but AFTER the road race season - last week I screwed my racing up with one-trip around the bases in a softball game. Just about recovered now.